- Formation of the Commission, appointment of a multi-stakeholder membership and ensuring delivery of mission
- Ensure necessary Commission funding and budgetary controls
- Receive the Commission conclusions and establish a 2030 implementation programme
The Steering Committee meets monthly, and its membership consists of:
- Confirmed investors include: Church of England Pensions Board, Brunel Pensions Partnership, USS
- Representative from Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
In attendance in advisory capacity:
- Representative from UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
The Global Commission
The Global Commission will be Chaired by the Church of England Pensions Board with a Vice Chair appointed by His Grace Dr Thabo Makgoba, the Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) will be a technical advisor to the Global Commission.
The Commission will determine a number of Working Groups to undertake more in-depth work. For more details on the Working Groups and focus areas please contact the Commission Secretariat.